Named after the man, Grove Gilbert who sold the property to the city of Fulton in 1946. The units were built to serve the needs of returning veterans after WWII. The state of New York, the city of Fulton & the newly organized Housing Authority, entered into a contract to fund the construction of these units. Over the years these homes have been made available to low income families in our area. Comfortable & affordable, apartments in a park-like setting.